Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Athletes Say the Darndest Things


I knew not all 'student' athletes are intelligent, but Terrelle Pryor just set a new low. Living near $C I hear of athletes doing stupid things all the time, (Leonard Washington, OJ, OJ Mayo) but Terrelle Pryor, this one took even me aback. Listen to it and see if you catch what I am talking about.

No, I am not referring to his support of Michael Vick. That is a whole other separate debate. I am referring to Pryor's comment that "everyone kills people, murders people, steals from him, steals from me...whatever." I wanted to comment on this, but there really are no words that put it better than his own.

It's times like this I am glad UCLA is represented by people like Alterraun Verner who on the field is an All-American candidate cornerback and off the field is a math major (believe me, it's not easy here). In his moment with the cameras before the game Saturday he thanked the firefighters who risked their lives protecting people and homes the previous week.
Well, to each his own.

2 comments:

  1. You're a loser. Alterraun Verner is probably UCLA's one and ONLY scholar or true "student-athlete" that actually gets serious playing time on the football field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. terrelly pryor is a genius

    ReplyDelete