Friday, November 6, 2009

OMG She Pulled My Hair!

Today I got a text message from one of my dearest friends Matt, and he told me to go online and check out the video highlights of the BYU v. New Mexico game. Sure, why not? but they did not have a game yesterday in football. Odd right? Well, not so much. He was referring to the women's soccer match between the two schools. The shocking part was that he would tell me about this. Generally speaking, I am the one who follows the smaller sports and informs him about anything exciting. With that thought in mind, I realized how this must be real good, something super exciting. I was right. I have personally never seen something more ridiculous than what occurred in that game. Here is the video of what actually happened:


These actions were so unsportsmanlike that I honestly have no idea where I would even begin dissecting this girl's behavior. Furthermore, there is no reason to even refer to her by name because she does not deserve it. It is one thing to slide late one time to send a message to the opposing team. It's another to commit a hard foul up top. To do both, and worst of all pull on another girl's pony-tail in such a violent fashion is practically unheard of. When was the last time ESPN showed a women's soccer game from the collegiate level that was not a post-season match? Never. These chain of actions by the New Mexico defender were so heinous that they chose to air it on SportsCenter, and already has multiple videos on YouTube, averaging over 300,000 hits each. I'm glad the player is suspended indefinitely because what she did was probably the worst thing you could do on the grass pitch. Good for you New Mexico, MWC, NCAA, and anyone else who came up with the idea to suspend her, suspending her sends a clear message to the rest of the NCAA in all sports about how you are not supposed to conduct yourself.

Here is a picture to sum it all up:

PS. By rest of NCAA I don't include U$C and Florida (right Urban Meyer?)

No comments:

Post a Comment