Sunday, February 14, 2010

Rating this Valentine's Day

Folks, today officially sucks. Not because I do not have a Valentine or anything remotely related to that, but because UCLA got swept by U$C. In basketball. That's right, three straight losses dating back to last season's Pac-10 tournament, which unfortunately I was courtside for. Good thing we don't play them again until next year right? But in all seriousness, this really sucks. I was honestly not expecting it be a great game for us, but it still stings. It always sucks to lose to the Trojans, and doing so in my favorite sport, one that UCLA dominates traditionally, hurts even more. In my four years at UCLA we have gone 6-4 against them including two semi-final meetings in the conference tourney. Considering that UCLA was a final four team twice during that span, and finished ahead of them the first three years in the standings (right now they are a game ahead of the Bruins) make it seem pretty sad. But enough ranting about this, and back to February 14th. Below is how I would rate my Valentine's days in my four years as a UCLA student:

1. Senior Year - 2010. It is pretty clear that the loss tonight truly stings and will leave me angry and annoyed at how bad this year is. I think that it is also a prelude to how the next two games in Washington are going to be, so this really does suck. It feels much worse than...

2. Freshman Year - 2007. Playing IM Indoor Soccer, I tore my calf on a corner kick and although I scored the tieing goal to eliminate the opposing team from the playoffs, I couldn't walk properly for the next four weeks and screwed up a couple good grades in the process and yet this is only number two.

3. Sophomore Year - 2008. Three midterms during sixth week, including one on Vday and one on the following day. Sure I dominated the one on Vday, but then having to study circuits and get my game on with Kerkhoff's Laws was not something I wanted to do on that day.

4. Junior Year - 2009. Honestly, it was a pretty fun day. Lodged in the middle of the long weekend, I had just turned 21 and got to enjoy myself after a week midterms. Sure, this is not nearly as bad as the top three, but it sure needs a mention.

Now, how can I make myself feel better? By checking out this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment