Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Hilarity of Twitter

Last week the football (soccer) world was partially shocked when reports resurfaced about Zlatan Ibrahimovic, or iBrah, transferring to FC Barcelona. Rather, it was about how he was pulling a Manny Ramirez and forcing a move from his Italian side Inter Milan. Where did multiple international publications get this news from? His twitter account, duh! For me this whole twitter thing was a new thing considering I just got an account, but for the past year twitter and sports have gone hand in hand thanks to the likes of Shaq, Kevin Love, Charlie Villanueva, Chad Ochocinco, and more. Since it is summer and my weekends are laid back, I spent multiple hours last Saturday browsing through these athletes' tweets and here are some notable ones I would like to share even if they have nothing to do with sports (my response is in bold):

Kevin Love: Finally got to vegas...Why's it so hot (Oh I don't know, maybe because it’s the desert in July???)

Andre Iguodala: Rudy outfit fly tho, he would get best dressed if it wasn't for those nuthuggers...(Great to know NBA players have become such fashion critiques, no homo?)

Dennis Rodman: Oh Canada!(finally a place where you will be accepted Dennis)

Steven Gerrard: Other news. glen is a great bloke... (Great use of the word "bloke", well done Stevie G)

David Beckham: I'm not following anyone because... Will my "following" make any sense? (You area a true poet Mr. Beckham)




No comments:

Post a Comment