Friday, October 16, 2009

Week 7 Pac 10 Predictions

Week 7 Pac-10 Predictions
(Last week Truebluebruin 2-2, 1-3 against the spread. Blueandgold 2-2, 3-1 against the spread)
(Overall Truebluebruin 25-16, 13-22-2 against the spread. Blueandgold 27-14, 15-19-3 against the spread)

Cal (-6) @ UCLA
(Truebluebruin24) In what is being called the desperation bowl, two teams battle to not start the conference season 0-3. I really want to pick UCLA in this game, but I’m not sure. Cal has been offensively ineffective the last 2 games, but has proven that if they’re on, they can pile on the yards and points. UCLA has yet to prove that this season. If Cal can put a few scores on the board, that may be more than UCLA can manage. Last time I picked against the Bruins I was wrong….I hope I’m wrong again
Cal 21 UCLA 13
(Blueandgold) Both teams are coming in with a 2 game losing streak. Cal seems to be sputtering while UCLA seems to not be finding any offense. This is an interesting game because one will respond to their current predicament by coming out with a win an the other sitting near the bottom of the PAC 10. The home team has won this series for the past 10 years. This has a lot of story lines for two mediocre teams.
UCLA 16 Cal 13

USC (-8) @ Notre Dame
(Truebluebruin24) People are billing this game as Notre Dame’s big chance to finally take down USC, but I don’t buy it. I think Notre Dame is overrated, and, sadly, USC always follows up a humiliating loss with going on a strong run. Add in the fact that this is a rivalry game and USC will be taking this game very seriously. They probably win by a few scores
USC 34 Notre Dame 17
(Blueandgold) USC had a bye and is coming off a huge win up at Cal. I think (and hope) though that this is the year for Notre Dame. This is a must win for Charlie, and he knows it and therefore will throw everything he's got. Clausen wants it and Notre Dames been looking pretty good all season.
Notre Dame 24 USC 17

Stanford @ Arizona (-4)
(Truebluebruin24) I’m so frustrated with the way Arizona imploded at the end against Washington. That terrible ending aside, Arizona is still probably the most under the radar team in the conference right now. Stanford is now 0-2 on the road, and I like Arizona to pull out a tough win at home.
Arizona 28 Stanford 21
(Blueandgold) Stanford is coming off it's first loss in the Pac 10 and this has the making of a great game. Arizona has been quiet but putting together a good season. I still am on the Gerhart band wagon.
Stanford 24 Arizona 13

Washington @ Arizona State (-3)
(Truebluebruin24) I’m scratching my head a little looking at this one. I’m not sure what ASU has done to be favored in this game. UW still hasn’t won a game on the road, but after they toughed out a win against Arizona, I like them in this game.
Washington 21 Arizona State 17
(Blueandgold) Washington is looking to back up their win against USC with another PAC 10 win but ASU should win here, especially at home. Although again a great Pac 10 matchup for this week.
ASU 17. Washington 13

No comments:

Post a Comment